When researching the different types of dog containment systems you may come across some products that can be used with collars designed for a different product’s system.
PetSafe collars are some of the most commonly used wireless fence collars, and they may pair with your existing wireless fence even if it’s a different brand.
Read on to see if PetSafe collars can be used with Innotek pet containment systems, and what your options are for compatible collars that will work with each system.
Will Petsafe Collars Work With Innotek Fences?
PetSafe collars can occasionally work with Innotek, but this will vary depending on the product frequency, and if it’s an in-ground or wireless system.
We recommend sticking with the same company for a replacement collar for the best results.
This is because while some PetSafe collars are compatible with Innotek systems, they often don’t work right.
In this article, we will discuss if PetSafe collars work with Innotek systems as well as other helpful information and tips about collar compatibility and maintenance.
Read More: Will Any Collar Work Invisible Fence? No – but here are the collars that will work!
PetSafe Compatible Collars
PetSafe has a wide variety of pet containment systems that have been manufactured with pet safety in mind, and some of their products have been determined safe for use with cats as well as dogs!
Double-check for any weight requirements before use to make sure the collar isn’t overpowered for your dog’s size and weight.
Here are two non-negotiables when it comes to mixing and matching dog fences and collars.
- In-ground dog fence receiver collars must be paired with in-ground dog fences.
- Wireless dog fence receiver collars must be paired with wireless dog fences.
The receivers for the two types of fences don’t work the same, so they aren’t interchangeable.
PetSafe is a company that manufactures some of the best pet containment systems and has been recommended by licensed veterinarians and professional trainers for years.
We recommend sticking with collars that have been manufactured by the same company as the system you currently have installed for the best results.
Here is a list of collars that are compatible with most PetSafe transmitters:
- PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Reciever Collar: this collar is compatible with most PetSafe wireless systems.
- In-Ground Deluxe Collar: this collar is compatible with most PetSafe wireless systems.
- Replacement Collar Strap: this replacement collar strap is compatible with most PetSafe receiver units so you can keep the working unit and replace the nylon strap as needed.
Not sure what type of dog containment system is best for you and your pooch?
Here at BarkVA we have independently tested and reviewed the best invisible fence on the market for 2022 – see what we discovered!
Innotek Compatible Collars
Innotek has recently merged its company with PetSafe, but this does not mean that the various containment systems are all compatible with each other.
Innotek systems still run at different frequencies than the PetSafe systems do, so you’ll need to check carefully to see if the collar you want to use can operate at the same frequency as your fence.
As mentioned previously, you will need to know the type of pet containment system you have installed before deciding to purchase a new collar.
Innotek fencing systems are compatible with collars that have been manufactured by other companies, but this is not always guaranteed.
We recommend checking the model type of the system before purchasing an Innotek replacement collar.
How Do I Sync a Wireless PetSafe Collar?
When you purchase your new or replacement collar, you have to sync the collar to your transmitter system before use. How do you do this?
Below we have detailed an easy-to-follow step-by-step process that you can follow:
- Install the collar’s PetSafe battery, and verify that you use the provided multitool.
- Slowly turn the boundary dial on the transmitter to zero.
- Slowly begin to turn the dial back up to the boundary setting you desire.
- Walk with the collar at the height of your dog to the boundary until you can feel or hear the corrections.
Check out this video explaining how to sync a PetSafe wireless collar to the PetSafe wireless transmitter.
Using your fence for more than one dog?
This step-by-step guide covers How to Connect Another PetSafe Collar to the same system!
How to Test the Wireless Fence Receiver Collar
You should test the collar to verify proper operation before using it on a pet.
Testing allows you to feel the correction and decide if it’s appropriate for your dog‘s size and demeanor.
First, make sure you have synced the collar to the transmitter. Then follow these steps to test the function of the collar.
- Walk with the collar to the boundary line.
- Place your finger or hand over the progs on the inside of the collar when it begins to beep.
- You should be able to feel a small shock, this is the correction.
- If you do not feel a shock the system may not be functioning properly, we recommend repeating the syncing process.
If you have questions or concerns about a specific Innotek computer collar we recommend reaching out to the company’s customer service department.
Read our related article, Do Perimeter Collars Work With Invisible Fence? See which Perimeter Collars work with what Invisible Fence model in this guide!
It’s always best to buy replacement collars from the same company that manufactured your pet containment fence because then you know it will work properly.
However, in a pinch, you may be able to mix and match brands as long as the operating frequency is the same. Test for function before using it to keep your dog at home.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?