If you’re an animal lover, you may be wondering, “do dog shelters take pillows?”
Each shelter has its policy on accepting donations, and often pillows are not a top priority.
However, you can do a few things to ensure your pillow ends up in the right place and that’s what we are going to discuss today.
Do Dog Shelters Take Pillows?
Do dog shelters take pillows? The answer is most likely yes!
Dog shelters are always in need of supplies, and pillows are just one item that can be donated.
Most shelters do not have the budget to purchase new dog pillows regularly, so donations are always appreciated.
A few things to remember when donating pillows:
- All pillows should be clean and free of pet hair or dirt.
- The pillow should be completely dry before donation, as damp pillows can quickly become moldy and lead to health problems.
- Check with your local animal shelter first to see if they will take it. If they don’t take them, they may know of other groups who do.
They may have guidelines and require new pillows, but some may take gently used ones.
Read our related article, Do Dog Shelters Take Used Toys? See what other gently used items you can donate to your local shelter!
How to Donate Pillows to a Dog Shelter
Below are a few tips on how to donate pillows to a dog shelter:
- Call the shelter ahead of time to see if they are accepting pillow donations.
- Drop the pillows off at the shelter during business hours. This way, staff can accept your donation and ensure it goes to the dogs.
- Please ensure the pillows are clean and in good condition before donating them.
- If you’re feeling extra generous, include a gift card to a local pet store or online retailer. This way, the shelter can use it to purchase other necessary supplies.
Donating pillows to a dog shelter is a great way to help these organizations ensure that dogs have a comfortable place to sleep.
Read More: How Much Does a Dog Cost in a Shelter? If you’re looking to adopt, here’s where to start!
Other Items Dog Shelters Need
Animal shelters do a lot with little, but there are always ways that the public can help make these places even better!
Along with dog food, bones, and squeaky toys, here are a few more items that your local dog shelter might need.
Food And Water Bowls
Stainless steel is best because it’s easy to clean and doesn’t harbor bacteria like plastic.
Do animal shelters take open bags of dog food? Read this article to find out how to donate food to your shelter!
Crates And Kennels
These provide a safe space for the dogs when they need to be away from other animals or when they’re being transported.
Leashes And Collars
Heavy-duty leashes and collars are best because they can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
Beds And Bedding
Most shelters use old blankets or towels for the dogs to sleep on, but pet beds would be even better! Pillows are okay, too.
Bleach, disinfectant spray, paper towels, and garbage bags are always in need.
First Aid Supplies
Bandages, antiseptic wipes, cotton balls, and hydrogen peroxide are helpful in any accidents.
Watch this video to see how to donate items to your local animal shelter:
Read More: How Does Dog Adoption Work? Looking for a new furry family member? Start here!
So, do dog shelters take pillows? The answer is yes! Dog shelters will accept any donations that people are willing to give.
This includes pillows, blankets, and other household items.
By donating these items to your local shelter, you can help make the animals stay more comfortable and provide them with some much-needed supplies.
Other Interesting Reads
- What Collars Work With Pet Stop?
- Does Cold Weather Affect an Invisible Fence?
- How BIG Can a Dog Electric Fence Be? – Large Property Guide
- PetSafe Wireless Dog and Cat Containment System – GUIDE
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?