There are many types of dog collars out there, and a popular choice for many dog owners is a Cuban link dog collar.
A Cuban link dog collar is a stylish and practical collar to get for your dog, but with so many options on the market and all of their similarities, you need to know which are the best ones to get for your dog.
In this guide, we’ll be taking a look at 5 of the best Cuban link dog collars!
In This Article:
How to Choose the Right Cuban Link Dog Collar
If you’re on the market for a Cuban link dog collar, then you’ve probably noticed their similarities and wondered how you’ll choose between different selections.
When you see a Cuban link dog collar, you’ll notice that they’re gold with interlocking chain links.
They look very similar to Cuban link necklaces. However, since they’re all very similar, it can be difficult to tell them apart.
You may also be wondering if they’re comfortable for your dog. The comfort of your dog should be a top priority, and you’ll be happy to know that the best Cuban link dog collars can be comfortable. The trick is choosing one that’s quality-made and smooth.
To choose the right Cuban link dog collar, you should first measure your dog’s neck. You’ll want to get a dog collar that fits comfortably around their neck without being able to slip off.
The Benefits of a Cuban Link Dog Collar
A Cuban link dog collar has several benefits, especially if you have a larger dog. If you have a smaller dog, it may not be the right option. However, if you have a large or powerful dog, it can provide a good amount of durability.
The chains used in a Cuban link dog collar are thicker than a normal chain collar. Therefore, it offers the benefit of being super durable. If your dog is strong you won’t have to worry about the chain breaking.
Another benefit of the Cuban link dog collar is that it’s aesthetically pleasing. They’re usually either made from gold or are gold plated, which will definitely make your dog stick out from the crowd.
Despite what you might be thinking, the best Cuban link dog collars also don’t have to be expensive. There can be very expensive dog collars you can buy, but that doesn’t mean you have to break the bank to get a quality collar. Of course, prices will vary, so it’s important to compare each collar beforehand.
Where to Find the Best Cuban Link Dog Collars
Oftentimes, people go to their local pet store to get their dog a new collar. However, Cuban link dog collars are usually not found there. More often than not, you’ll have to shop online or at a specialty shop to find them.
However, you can use this to your advantage for looking for a new collar. Online, you can browse many shops that specialize in Cuban link dog collars. Each dog collar, though similar, will have differences. Shopping online will help you see those differences early on.
To find the best Cuban link dog collars, it’s best to search online.
Things to Look for When Getting a Collar
When choosing the best Cuban link dog collars, there are a few things to look for:
- Size: As mentioned, size is important when it comes to the collar. You want it to fit snugly around your dog’s neck while still being comfortable and providing plenty of room. Pay attention to the size of your dog’s neck and check measurments.
- Color: Most Cuban link collars are going to be gold, although it’s possible to find some that are silver. Regardless, the shade of gold can vary between collars. Some collars will have a deeper shade of gold than others.
- Material: The material of the Cuban link collar can vary, too. Some are actually stainless steel or silver and simply coated in gold. Others are made from pure gold. Of course, the material the collar is made from will affect the price.
- Price: The price of a Cuban link collar will vary greatly. Most collars won’t be too expensive, but you should determine your budget beforehand. Some collars can be around $30 and others can be well over $100.
By keeping the above points in mind, you’ll be able to narrow down the best Cuban link dog collars for your dog!
Now, let’s take a look at the 5 best Cuban link dog collars you can buy right now online.
5 Best Cuban Link Dog Collars Review
|Best Overall: W/W Lifetime Gold Chain Collar||• The best overall Cuban link dog collar
• Mid-range price
• Offers good stability with 19mm thickness
|Best for Its Price: ToBeTrendy Gold Collar||• Low-range price, so it is affordable
• Best option for folks on a budget
• Versatile: will fit a variety of dog neck sizes
|Best for Larger Dogs: Pet State Big Dog Gold Chain Collar||• Best option if you have a larger dog
• High-end price range
• Very sturdy build with 32mm thickness
|Best for Smaller Necks: Aiyidi Gold Dog Chain Collar||• Best option if you have a smaller dog
• Thickness is only 10mm, which suits small-sized dogs well
• Very affordable at just over $20
|Best for Medium-Sized Dogs: Petoo Store 18K Gold Plated Charm||• Affordable mid-price Cuban link dog collar
• Contains two chains for a combined thickness of 24mm
• A great option of medium-sized dogs
1. Best Overall: W/W Lifetime Gold Chain Collar (5 Out of 5 Stars)
If you’re looking for a great overall choice for a Cuban link dog collar, then this collar by W/W Lifetime is the one for you.
- Size: 10 inches to 21 inches.
- Material: Stainless steel covered with 18k gold coating.
- Closure Type: Buckle and snap.
So, why is this Cuban link dog collar a great overall pick? We love the fact that the price is affordable at around $39. It’s also highly rated by many who’ve bought it and has proven itself to be a durable and long-lasting Cuban link dog collar.
It comes in a variety of sizes, too. While it may not work for the largest and strongest of dogs, it will work great for a good majority of them. This one is especially good for Pitbulls and similar dogs.
The width of the chains is 19mm, so it offers good stability and strength.
2. Best for Larger Dogs: Pet State Big Dog Gold Chain Collar (4.4 out of 5 stars)
If you have a large, powerful dog, then we recommend this Cuban link dog collar by Pet State. It’s a sturdy collar for the strongest of dogs.
- Size: 16 inches to 24 inches.
- Material: Stainless steel coated with 20x thicker 18k gold coating.
- Closure Type: Buckle and snap.
We liked that this collar is made for larger dogs. The width of the chains is 32mm, which provides ample strength for your large dog. Since the collar itself is thicker, it also complements the larger neck size of your dog.
The price for this Cuban link dog chain can get a bit pricey. Prices range from around $97 up to $114. It’s important to know your budget before trying this one out.
Some pros of this collar include its rust-resistant and smooth finish, and it doesn’t contain nickel. If you’re looking for a higher-end collar for your larger dog, this could be an excellent choice.
By the way, if you’re on the lookout for other wide collar types, check out these 14 best wide dog collars!
3. Best for The Money: ToBeTrendy Gold Collar (4.3 out of 5 Stars)
This Cuban link dog collar is made by ToBeTrendy and only costs about $25 online. This is a great price if you just want to try out a Cuban link dog collar.
- Size: 10 inches up to 26 inches.
- Material: Stainless steel chains covered in 18k gold.
- Closure Type: Buckle.
One of the best aspects about this Cuban link dog collar is that it comes in a wide variety of sizes. This is great because it can fit a dog’s neck that’s as little as 8 inches in diameter, making it a versatile collar.
We also like that it’s a heavy-duty collar. The width of the chains is 15mm, which is a good sturdy build. You can use this collar for both smaller and larger dogs. This Cuban link dog collar may be on the cheaper side, but it doesn’t look cheap, which is a plus in our book!
4. Best for Medium-Sized Dogs: Petoo Store 18K Gold Plated Charm (4.3 out of 5 Stars)
If you have a medium-sized dog, we recommend this Cuban link dog collar from Petoo.
- Size: 16 inches to 24 inches.
- Material: Stainless steel with 18k gold coating.
- Closure Type: Buckle.
This dog collar is great for medium-sized dogs and is specifically made for dogs in the mid-range, as is evident by the sizes of the collar. We really like how the surface of the buckle is fitted with CZ diamonds, which gives it a good shine.
Additionally, unlike some other collars, this one has two strips of chains. Each strip of chains is 12mm in width, for a combined strength of 24mm. This makes it a durable and reliable option. For around $35, it’s a good option to consider if you’re on a tighter budget.
It has a buckle release system, so when you press the buttons of the clasp, it will release immediately. This is great if you ever need to change the collar or take it off for any reason.
5. Best for Smaller Necks: Aiyidi Gold Dog Chain Collar (4 out of 5 Stars)
While this Cuban link dog collar comes in a variety of sizes, it works best for smaller neck sizes. If your dog has a neck size under 12 inches, this could be the best option for you.
- Size: 10 inches to 24 inches.
- Material: Stainless steel chains with 18k gold coating.
- Closure: Pull over.
The Aiyidi Gold dog chain collar has a chain width of 10mm, which is one of the smaller widths you’ll find. While this does make the collar thin, this works perfectly for smaller dogs.
You won’t have to worry about the dog chain collar being too heavy for smaller necks. Instead, it’ll be more comfortable for them. This Cuban link dog collar will cost you around $23.
One con with this product that we found was that the lesser width of the chain may pose a problem with larger dogs. While this collar can be used on neck sizes up to 24 inches, it may be a bit too thin for stronger dogs.